The “Big 10” Goals
for Well-Mannered Dogs
Cheerfully accept gentle handling, grooming,
taking pills and veterinary exams.
2) Allow all members of the family
to handle its food, bones and toys.
3) Always wait before going in or
out any door or vehicle, and move out of the
4) Settle on a mat any where, any
time. Do not beg at family meals.
5) Learn to sit when greeting
guests and when the leash comes out.
6) Learn to respond to requests
to be “Quiet.” (Stop barking on
7) Do not pull on the leash; walk
8) Learn to eliminate on cue
and only in appropriate toilet areas.
9) Perform one or more tasks
whenever asked, and without a food
10) Relax and are well-mannered indoors
for most of the time when the family is home.